Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My story

I'm a student doing my Masters in International Human Rights Law. I had been practicing as an Advocate and Solicitor for 7 years before calling it quits and returning to do my studies.

Many people have asked why I gave up a seemingly successful career to return to study something that is of no direct relevance to what I had been doing previously.

The story is long - and I will spare you the details. But I must say that one of the reasons why I am doing what I am doing now is because of the stories of many people all around the world - stories that leave me shaking my head in disbelief, stories that makes me cry, stories that induces vomit at times.

This blog is specially dedicated to them - I will tell their stories here. Why? Because it needs to be told. And people need to know.

Perhaps, after reading the stories, who knows - I may have just persuaded you to join me in this difficult road that I have chosen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea for a blog. Keep adding. I admire what you are studying and wish you luck, it's not an easy route. You can visit my blog too, at http://chinaweekly.civiblog.org.

Celia